Monday, September 29, 2008

The Chart House - Weehawken, NJ

This was fabulous every step of the way. This establishment boasts a view of the Manhattan skyline able to be seen from any part of the restaurant through immense floor to ceiling windows. The service, menu, and every bite was executed perfectly. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and truly helped to guide our selection with detailed descriptions and researched recommendations. We started with the lobster spring rolls accompanied by a spicy honey mustard sauce. Unreal! We then moved onto the crab, avocado, and mango stack which highlighted each flavor beautifully while combining to form a truly delicious tower of flavor. On to the main course I went with the Chart House mixed grill (as I am often unable to decide on one thing for dinner) but I substituted the salmon with a blackened Chilean sea bass fillet. One of the best decisions I have ever made....DELISH! A crab cake, grilled shrimp skewer, vegetables and rice pilaf accompanied my treats from the sea exquisitely. For dessert, a pre-ordered (they insist!) molten lava cake which speaks for itself in flavor and aroma. All in all it was one of those amazing meals you remember and reference for years to come. I love when they sneak up on me like that!

Best thing on the menu: Everything!

No comments: