Monday, September 29, 2008

Rosa Mexicana - Hackensack, NJ

Um no me gusta! I have been to two of the locations in the city and loved every bite. This New Jersey extension, while welcomed at first, was a travesty to the Rosa Mexicana chain. The empanadas were tasteless and hello???? Deep fried beef??? How can that not have taste? I ordered a "lump Crab Meat Enchilada" and was appalled when I was served stringy crab meat in a tortilla drowning in "ok" sauce. I could have made the same canned crab meat thing at home and saved myself the $25! The only redeeming morsel of the night was the guacamole which they make in front of you. And if you have enough pomegranate margaritas you'll forget you're getting second rate Mexican food and first rate prices!

Best thing on the menu: The signature Pomegranate margaritas...even over on this side of the river they're spectacular!

No comments: